Two-day workshop in Crissier (near Lausanne).
Kirigami and Tenshiko are a couple, both in ropes and in life.
They have been teaching and performing in different European cities since 2012. In 2016 they opened School of Rope Milano, where they teach traditional bondage three times a week to local students and foreign visitors. Their rope is inspired by the most traditional Japanese style bondage, with an eclectic approach encompassing both private sessioning and photography.
They will approach traditional semenawa from a practical and theoretical point of view, understanding the iconic patterns of the style, and the philosophy behind them.
They will analyze a stemless gote, understanding its structure and historical development. The differences with the original Japanese TK will be described both from a technical and philosophical point of view.
Basic patterns: Some iconic patterns will be taught and put into use. Both floorwork and simple suspensions will be part of the schedule. Each basic pattern will be used to teach a skill that can be carried over and used in several other ties.
Depending on the level of participants, some basic ties will be varied and transformed into new shapes. Variations are didactically skill-oriented, and participants will improve rope and body handling while experimenting with new ties.
- Two days, Saturday, April 1st and Sunday April 2nd 2023
- Registration until January 11, 2023. After this date cancellation and refund only if the place can be resold
- Schedule: 11:00 – 17:00 with a 1 hour lunch break (finger food will be provided, included in the price)
- The workshop will be held in English
- Performance on Saturday after the workshop
- Optional supper together on Saturday (cost not included)
- Prerequisites: Good rope skills, including suspension
We aim for a master-class and do not want to waste time on basics
- Easily accessible by train (10 min from Renens CFF) and car (parking available).
Connectez-vous si vous avez déjà un compte chez nous.